About Us: The FDA Red Tails Aviation Club is organized to allow students interested in aviation to learn about Air Traffic Control and how to become Commercial Airline pilots. The club utilized flight simulators and a dedicated network of computers to simulate flight and weather environments as well as missions for the students to complete. Regular activities of club members include…
- Visits to airports, museums, and colleges
- Flights with real airplanes at Brookhaven and Republic Airport
- Construction of model airplanes and flights at nearby parks
- Assembly of a two-seat aircraft at school
- Simulated flights and competitions based on missions assigned by the club
- View films relating to role of aviation in politics, war, space, and history
- Orientations led by students at airports to teach new students and faculty how to fly
Tutoring activities and scholarships preparation are coordinated with the Science, English, and History Departments, as well as the College Office.
Meetings: Tuesdays/Thursdays 3:00-5:00pm, Room 310
Eligible Grades: High school students are welcome and middle school students need a recommendation from an Assistant Principal or Dean in order to join.
Email Address: Contact the faculty advisor, Mr. Henry Rey at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Website: Under Construction
Faculty Advisor(s): Mr. Rey